More details as follows:
Introduction to Schema Focused Therapy
Tutors associated with the Schema Focused Therapy Course and supervisors will provide opportunities and feedback to candidates regarding their development in terms of knowledge, skills, and practice so that candidates are equipped:
1. To implement Schema Therapy in conjunction with own Therapeutic Style.
2. To convey principles, concepts and processes relevant to Schema Therapy to the client.
3. To collaboratively adapt Schema Therapy to ensure that the model works for the client.
4. To avoid being excessively didactic, and to skilfully facilitate the client’s exploration of their life experiences, relationships potential insights.
5. To structure sessions in response to the client’s needs and ensures their safety on leaving.
6. To seek appropriate guidance and supervision.
On successful completion of this course (or qualification) candidates should be able to apply knowledge and understanding, and practice in ways which demonstrate Schema Focused Therapy principles through:
1. An ability to educate client to the model of Schema Therapy and respond to any queries that they may have.
2. An ability to identify and work collaboratively with client behaviours that may interfere with the course of Therapy and Efficacy of Treatment (e.g., Entitlement Schema).
3. An ability to recognise when difficulties in the therapeutic alliance with the client relate to the impact of childhood experiences on their current behaviour, and a capacity to address these issues by drawing client’s attention to Schema Modes to provide a corrective emotional experience.
4. An ability to recognise and to acknowledge therapist errors and repair any therapeutic ruptures
5. An ability to utilise Supervision in relation to practice.
Week 1 – Schema Therapy in Context
Week 2 – Schema Assessment/Inventories/Goalsetting
Week 3 – Schema Case Conceptualisation
Week 4 – Imagery Assessment
Week 5 – Logical Analysis
Week 6 – Schema Perpetuation, Schema Chemistry, ‘Repetition Compulsion.’
Week 7 – Imagery Rescripting
Week 8 – Behavioural Interventions
Week 9 – Endings
NB: The content of each week will take the form of a Tutor led Presentation, Tutor led Skills Demonstration, Skills Practise.
A non-refundable deposit of £100 is required to book a place on this course. The cost of the course is £800 in total. The remaining £700 can be paid in full prior to the beginning of the course or in 2 x £350 monthly direct debit instalments
The course will be delivered via Zoom
The course will be delivered by experienced Psychotherapists who have extensive knowledge related to the theory and practice of Schema Therapy and have used the approach to treat complex and enduring disorders.
It is anticipated that demand for this course will be high. Book your place now by completing the attached booking form and return by emailing to [email protected]
Download Booking Form